Is your head spinning yet, because mine is. Changes are happening almost hourly in the past few days and travel advisors have been working hard to sort through it all as fast as it comes out. Part of me wonders, as a life-long Disney girl, if the Disney Cast Members are able to keep up with the changes as well.
Disney posted on the DisneyTravelCenter.com site that it is almost time for magic as we prepare for the reopening of Walt Disney World Resort theme parks, starting July 11 with Magic Kingdom Park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom and followed July 15 by EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. We’re taking a deliberate approach that includes limits on attendance and controlled guest density to align with guidance from health and government authorities on physical distancing. We’re also using technology to power creative solutions as we develop new ways for guests to visit The Most Magical Place on Earth in this unique environment.
The following ‘summarizes’ this info for you so you have it at your fingertips….
At this time, Guests will be able to select one park per day; visiting more than one park per day will be temporarily unavailable upon the reopening of the theme parks due to attendance limitations. For the time being, all Guests will be required to make a reservation in advance for each park entry. If you have a multi-day ticket, you will be required to make a park reservation for each date of your visit.
Our Characters will still be in the parks to entertain and delight our Guests. (NOTE: I suspect it will be very similar to how Universal had a lot of characters out but from afar. **See my Universal Post** Additionally, you’ll be able to experience many favorite attractions and dozens of entertainment offerings.
From special cavalcades down the Magic Kingdom park parade route and friends sailing the waterways of Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park to processions along World Showcase promenade at EPCOT and motorcades on Hollywood Boulevard at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, each area will come to life throughout the day. You never know when a party of your pals may come by, so be prepared for plenty of surprises!
Note: Some experiences may be modified, limited in capacity and subject to availability or closure.
NEW: DISNEY PARK PASS SYSTEM
To manage attendance during this reopening period we are introducing the new Disney Park Pass system. During this time, all guests with a ticket or Annual Pass will be required to make a reservation in advance for each park entry, using this new online tool at DisneyWorld.com.
Note Disney Park Pass System reservations are ONLY available ONLINE in your MyDisneyExperience at DISNEYWORLD.com and NOT using the mobile app My Disney Experience!!!
Here are a few important details to know about this new system:
- You will need a My Disney Experience account, as this is where your Walt Disney World Resort plans are stored and managed.
- You’ll also need a valid theme park ticket or Annual Pass that’s linked to your My Disney Experience account.
- If you have a Disney Resort hotel reservation, be sure to link it to this My Disney Experience account beforehand, as well.
- Once you’ve logged into your My Disney Experience account and linked your ticket, you’ll have access to a calendar of available reservation dates for each theme park.
NOTE: If you have a multi-day ticket, you will be required to make a park reservation for each date of your visit. Families and friends can link their tickets together and look to arrange theme park entries at the same time.
- It should be noted that park reservations are limited in number and subject to availability. Availability can change until the reservation is finalized.
- At this time, guests will be able to select one park per day; visiting more than one park per day will be temporarily unavailable upon the reopening of the theme parks due to attendance limitations.
- Guests with existing tickets that include the Park Hopper Option or Park Hopper Plus Option have options available to them for ticket modifications and cancellations. We hope to bring back the ability to visit more than one park per day soon and will continue to offer these add-ons for 2021 ticket purchases.
EXISTING TICKET HOLDERS AND ANNUAL PASS HOLDERS:
- Beginning this week, Disney will reach out to existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders with more information on when they will be able to check availability to make their park reservations. We will open the Disney Park Pass system to these guests in phases, beginning with those with future Disney Resort and other select hotel stays.
- Later this summer, we will resume sales of 2020 tickets and Disney Resort hotel arrivals, based on the availability of park reservations, while we continue to provide guests with existing tickets and Annual Passholders the opportunity to make park reservations for 2020 dates.
PLANNING A TRIP FOR NEXT YEAR:
Starting June 28, all guests will be able to purchase new Disney Resort hotel packages and theme park tickets and make their park reservations for arrivals starting in 2021 as our phased reopening continues. Guests will be able to view park reservation availability on DisneyWorld.com prior to purchasing their tickets.
Disney is also exploring engaging ways for guests to use their mobile tech to experience the magic – particularly now as the use of phones and apps continues to evolve.
- In 2021, Disney plans to unveil an innovative new offering as part of the My Disney Experience app that will bring features of a MagicBand to your smart devices. With this new offering on the horizon, we will be retiring our complimentary MagicBand distribution to Disney Resort hotel guests for new reservations with arrivals beginning Jan. 1, 2021. MagicBands are not going away forever – yet and Disney Resort hotel guests will continue to have the option to purchase new MagicBands at a discount. Disney even plans to introduce even more colors and designs featuring favorite Disney characters.
- Not a fan of MagicBands? No worries because Guests who prefer not to purchase a discounted MagicBand will be able to use the My Disney Experience app or a Key to the World card during their visit.
- Also, Disney plans to still offer MagicBands in retail locations and on shopDisney.com, and guests will be able to continue using the wearables throughout Walt Disney World Resort.
These changes will go through a lot of bumps as we all get used to the ‘new-normal’, so be patient and work with your Travel Advisor so that they can better help you navigate and still have a magical Disney experience!